Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Welcome to our Forum

Thanks for visiting our new forum I hope you decide to join us.

You will quickly find we're unlike most other forums. Members of other forums can get banned for talking about their business, but NOT HERE. We're a genuine networking forum that believes our members should have more freedoms than other forums. You will also see section called ASK THE EXPERT where we have resident experts you can ask questions and get the advise of an experienced professional.

These differences set us apart from virtually all other forums. We also offer a broader range of topics than most sites.

Be sure to visit our BEST INFO, Podcaster, and News pages. Our site has over 64,000 searchable listings for anything firearms related.

Do you own a firearms related business? Be sure to take advantage of our affordable advertising. For just $100 a year you can get a Platinum Level Business listing to advertise your business. Check out all of our advertising options on the ADVERTISE or JOIN pages.

It is the responsibility of all site users to review our LEGAL DISCLAIMER (bottom/footer) and to abide my these rules to use this public forum. Your voluntary use of this public forum means you agree to these terms, rules and legal guidelines.

I hope you enjoy your visit! Be sure to invite your friends!
See more
See less

FL Deputy Threatens to Shoot a man for a Lawfully carried Handgun

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to our Forum

Welcome to our Forum Module
Collapse

Join our forum and stay a while. Be sure to visit our Podcaster, BEST INFO, BLOGs, and NEWS pages.

web analytics

Check out our BEST INFO page. It's the Best firearms library around.

Check out our BEST INFO page. It's the Best firearms library around. Module
Collapse

Latest Artices

Latest Artices Module
Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Newsmax

Newsmax Module
Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Unconfigured Ad Widget Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Deputy Threatens to Shoot a man for a Lawfully carried Handgun

This is amazing how the officer freaked out on a guy that was legally carrying a firearm.
    I am not a lawyer but this officer sure seems to over react in this situation.

It really seems like our LEOs need to take courses on how to deal with people
    who legally carry firearms. I do believe that calmer heads usually prevail.

There is one way to help financially support our 2nd Amendment and that is by using companies fighting to preserve that right like Delta Payment Systems. Get great rates from a Pro2nd Amendment company. They have great programs for any company that accepts credit card payments. Or email chris.dixon@mmsllc.com for more info.

Originally posted by ChrisDixon View Post
    This is amazing how the officer freaked out on a guy that was legally carrying a firearm.
    I am not a lawyer but this officer sure seems to over react in this situation.

It really seems like our LEOs need to take courses on how to deal with people
    who legally carry firearms. I do believe that calmer heads usually prevail.
    Chris, I would have to agree with you on that fact. I am not a lawyer either nor schooled on Florida's CCW laws, but in the video I never saw him brandish a weapon. I did see a slight view of the bottom of some pouch or pocket when the gentleman reached back into his vehicle to get the required documents for the officer. The officer never asked if the gentleman was armed or not. He just said(in a clam voice) "why are you carrying a gun" then he seamed to get mad by this and it kicked in.

Law abiding citizens also carry guns to protect themselves as well as innocents. Law Enforcement Agencies really do need to educate their officers on tactics, laws and how to deal with a law abiding citizen who chooses to exercise their rights in a legal way.

Comment

I think this fellow managed to violate nearly every single rule we teach people who are stopped by police. First, he exited his car, second he did not disclose his firearm, and third, he made numerous moves to that area of his body without alerting the cop to the presence of the firearm. That's an important consideration given the fact that cops are not blessed with X-ray vision and can't know whether the guy is a threat or not.
      For what it's worth, Mr. Smith was not prosecuted; the charges against him were dropped. And it's worth noting that his lawsuit against the police officer was dismissed with prejudice by the federal district court on grounds of immunity.
      I believe if you want to receive respect, you give respect. That means you disclose your firearm early on, let the cops know you're carrying, and that you're lawfully in possession. It's also handy if you let them know you're not a threat. You keep your hands where they can be seen, and you don't make any sudden moves.
      This past week we had six good cops shot in the line of duty. The number of cops killed this year is much higher, in large measure because there is a war on cops by the left-wing. Our jobs should be to buttress the thin blue line, not criticize it.
      I also think it's worth noting that if Deputy Andy Cox had a second chance to do things differently, he would. He faced a lot of pressure over this, and an internal investigation. He was sued. He's paid for his lack of discretion in this case. What really matters is that those of us who conceal and carry need to use this video as an aide to teaching all the things the driver does wrong.
      And it's also a good idea to show it along side videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qq3dXfzvdw
      Last edited by aldewitt; 08-21-2017, 04:26 PM. Reason: hyperlink checked

Comment

Working...
      X