CDL Driver Legal Protection Plans
CDL Plan Details
Tragic Accident Representation
If you or your spouse is charged with a criminal act because of a serious traffic accident, a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney will defend you in the court of original jurisdiction for the following charges:
- Involuntary manslaughter
- Vehicular homicide
- Negligent homicide
Appeals are not covered.
You and your spouse have 2.5 hours of legal help from a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney in each of the following situations
- You are denied a driver's license.
- Your driver's license is cancelled, suspended, or revoked by the Department of Public Safety or Department of Motor Vehicles where a right to appeal is provided to you by statute.
- Assistance is needed to reinstate or maintain a driver's license because of job-related or medical reasons.
- Defense of non criminal moving violations in the court of original jurisdiction.
- Defense by an attorney located through your Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Provider Law Firm.
- The attorney appointed for you is usually located in the area where you received the ticket.
DOT and Non-Moving Violations
You and your spouse are entitled to defense of non-criminal citations issued in your motor vehicle including:
- Load spill
- No placard
- No medical card
- Hazardous material
- No motor carrier authority
- Expired inspection sticker
Property Damage Collection
A Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney will help you or your spouse collect property damage claims of $2000 or less for damage as a result of driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle or boat.
- Covers minor damage to your car or truck.
- You may receive up to 2.5 hours of attorney time per incident.
Personal Injury Collection
A Commercial Drivers Legal Plan attorney will help you or your spouse collect personal injury claims of $2000 or less for injuries resulting from driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle or boat. You may receive up to 2.5 hours of attorney time per claim.
25% of additional legal services:
You and your spouse can receive this and any other transportation-related legal work not specifically covered by this plan at a 25% discount attorney's standard rate. Members are responsible for paying court costs, fines, and related fees.
Depending on your legal needs, a retainer may be required by your Provider Law Firm prior to services being rendered under this discount. Your Provider Law Firm is responsible for determining the amount of the retainer and any other anticipated costs.
The Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Covers:
- You as the primary member
- Your spouse
Additional Information & Exclusions:
Benefits are available on the eleventh (11th) day after the date of enrollment.
- All benefits are subject to the following conditions and exclusions: Any fines, court costs, penalties, expert witness fees, bonds, bail bonds, and any out-of-pocket expenses are at the member's expense. Preexisting conditions, charges of DUI/DWI related matters, drug-related matters, hit-and-run related charges, leaving the scene of an accident, and unmeritorious cases are excluded. Also excluded are acts or omissions performed in the commission of any crime under any municipal, state, or federal statute, except as otherwise specifically provided for and covered within the contract.
- Moving and Point Violation Representation: Representation provided in the court of original jurisdiction. Representation provided for you and your spouse if you are properly licensed, insured, and are operating a motor vehicle with the express consent and permission of the owner of the vehicle. In order to receive legal services under this benefit, you must call your Provider Law Firm by phone within three (3) business days of receiving the citation.
- Personal Injury and Property Damage Assistance: Driver's license and personal injury assistance are limited to two and one-half (2-1/2) hours of lawyer time per claim and do not include the filing of a lawsuit and exclude personal injury and property claims that exceed $2,000. Applies to claims arising as a result of driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle.
- 25% Discount: Other costs you may incur include fines, court costs, penalties, expert witness fees, bonds, bail bonds, and any out-of-pocket expenses. These costs are your responsibility and are not included as part of membership benefits. Your Provider Law Firm cannot provide any legal services until payment of the retainer and other costs have been made. If you need representation in court, you must notify your Provider Law Firm at least five business days in advance so they may prepare for your case.
This is a general overview of your legal plan coverage for illustration purposes only. See a plan contract for complete terms, coverage, amounts, conditions and exclusions.
If you'd like to view the full contract, including details, terms, conditions, and exclusions, download the pdf.
This program offers 2 options - BASIC CDL PLAN and the SUPER CDL PLAN
If you are physically in AL, AK, AR, IL, MA, MS, MT, NE, NJ, ND, SC, TN, VA, or WI call me before you sign up. Chris Dixon (281)910-4387
Please CHECK OUT these additional programs from Harvard Risk Management that can be combined with the CDLP program at...